Snaplock Cam Lock Couplings Aluminium
Snaplock Aluminum Cam Lock Couplings are permanent mould cast which is a process that yields castings with a finer grain structure and better strength properties than those produced in sand casting and die casting.
Snaplocks are used to connect two hoses and or pipes together in a variety of industries so that a material from one can be transferred to another.
They are very easy to use and require no tools to connect and disconnect the two halves of the couplings.
Ideal to replace more traditional methods or types of hose or pipe connections.
- Straight through, leakproof connections
- No tools required to connect.
- Half inch to 6 inch sizes.
- Pin locking hole features as standard on aluminium & stainless steel.
- BSP or NPT threads.
- Working pressures up to 250 psi (18 bar).
- 3.1b material certification on stainless steel units.
Camlock adaptors are available in the following types.
- A: male adaptor with a female thread
- B: female couplings with a male thread
- C: couplings with a hose tail
- D: couplings with a female thread
- E: adaptor with a hose tail
- F: adaptor with a male thread
- DC: dust cap for adapters
- DP: dust plug for couplings
To choose the right camlock fitting you need…
- Size of Fitting
- Required Temperature
- The Material or media it will be used for
- The pressure rating required
- The end fittings & connections (thread type)
Snaplock® couplings are capable of carrying liquids, powders and granules, although they are not suitable for applications involving compressed air. Every Snaplock® cam is made to industry standard which ensures that the complete Snaplock® range is interchangeable with other camlocks made to the same standard (A-A-59326D, EN14420- & formally the MIL-C-27487). This means you don’t have to worry about compatibility or replacing more than one part at a time.
Snaplock® fittings are a quick release coupling system for low to medium pressures. They are used as a means of connecting and disconnecting hose lines swiftly and without the use of hand tools.
They replace the old-style threaded couplings, which featured both male and female threads and that required screwing together and tightening with a lug spanner in order to securely make or break lines. Snaplock® camlocks are most commonly used within agriculture or manufacturing industries for the safe, clean transfer of a variety of fluids.
The standard coupling is supplied with a BUNA Nitrile seal