How to return goods to Collister and Glover
Return of Goods
This page is in two parts -
Firstly, the return of goods under the Distance Selling Regulations
Secondly, the Return of Faulty or Damaged Goods
Return of Faulty or Damaged Goods
If upon receipt the items you ordered are damaged or faulty, please inform our Sales team on 01244 288000 or email at [email protected].
- This should be done within 30 days of receiving the goods.
- Please have the details shown on your delivery documentation to hand or include them in your e-mail.
- We can then arrange to send replacements or offer you a refund.
- If the items are to be returned to us please use the existing packaging if possible.
- You may use a carrier of your choice and we will reimburse the costs of delivery to you.
- We ask that you send us a copy of your original delivery receipts with the goods.
- Refunds will be credited to the original payment method used to make the original purchase.
- Many pump manufactures require a faulty pump to be sent directly to them to determine if any fault was caused by a manufacturing defect.
- We will reimburse this cost. If the fault is a manufacturing fault, a full refund or replacement will be provided.
- If the item's fault was caused by an incorrect installation a refund cannot be offered. A full pump fault report will be provided upon request.
Cancellation & Returns of Goods – Distance Selling Regulations:
Where the purchaser has bought Goods from the company by the website, phone or by fax, the purchaser has fourteen working days from receipt of the goods in which to cancel the contract for any reason. The following exceptions apply;
- If the purchaser bought the goods as a business customer
- If the goods have been made to the purchaser's specification
- If more than fourteen working days have passed since the purchaser received the goods
- Where the price depends on fluctuations in the financial Markets beyond our control
Goods that by reason of their nature cannot be returned
Should the purchaser wish to cancel the contract within fourteen working days from receipt of the goods then the purchaser must notify the company in writing either to the company's head office or emailing the company.
- The purchaser must return the goods to the company in saleable condition.
- The purchaser is advised to wrap the goods carefully to avoid damage when returned. The purchaser should enclose their name and address and the company's order reference number.
- The purchaser is advised to return the goods by recorded delivery.
- Proof of postage will not be accepted as proof of delivery.
- The company cannot accept liability for returned goods damaged in transit.
If the company accepts return of goods, refund payments will be made to purchasers in full within fourteen working days of the contract being cancelled and following safe receipt of the returned goods by the company. (This includes credit cards, debit cards, cheque and cash).
- If the purchaser has cancelled the contract in writing, during the fourteen day cooling off period the purchaser must return the goods which have already been delivered or are in transit to the company.
- The purchaser is responsible for the payment of the return of the goods.
- If the purchaser does not return the goods delivered or does not pay the costs of return, the company shall be entitled to the direct costs of recovering the goods.
- The purchaser must take reasonable care of the goods whilst they are in their possession. The goods must be returned to the company in a saleable condition and as they were received by the purchaser in the original packaging undamaged.
- If the goods are not returned to the company in a saleable condition or as they were received by the purchaser, the company shall be entitled to the direct costs of replacing the goods or packaging.
- The decision as to whether the returned Goods are of saleable condition rests at the absolute discretion of the Company.
When the Distance selling Rules Do Not Apply
Where the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations do not apply for instance if the purchaser is acting in the course of business or more than fourteen working days has passed since receipt of the goods by a non-business purchaser, the following provisions apply.
The purchaser cannot cancel whole or part of the contract, whether it is an order by instalment or otherwise, except where this has been agreed in writing by the Managing Director of the company.
If the company accepts return of goods, refund payments will be made to purchasers in full within 30 working days of the contract being cancelled and following safe receipt of the goods returned goods by the company. (This includes credit cards, debit cards, cheque and cash)